Students’ Culture House was from the beginning a young spirit free space, authentic culture, giving young people an alternative elevated for leisure. Students’ Culture House is an environment that develops artistic and moral qualities of the young students, is an event space for cultural experimentation and promotion and affirmation of young talent.
By 1956 cultural-arts and entertainment of the students were held in makeshift clubs in modest spaces provided by each of the seven institutes of higher education. Since 1921 The students of Cluj expressed in a local newspaper desire to have a house of culture. This wish was fulfilled in 1956 when took a special decision, judgment providing for the establishment of student associations and the establishment in all universities Student House of Culture. According to this ruling in early October 1956 was appointed a Provisional Council, composed of students and young academics, who had charge and creating new institutions called Students’ Culture House. Provisional Council of Cluj-Napoca proposed in academic assistant director Hodorog Lawrence, cultural LIABILITY University “Victor Babes”. Directly subordinate to the Ministry of Education which houses the Students’ Culture issued the formal appointment of the Director of Cluj-Napoca.
Student Activities Culture House was inaugurated on February 10, 1957, through a program of music and humor. Between the years 1957-1959 were created artistic groups and circles theoretical and practical: folk, mixed choir, two bands play, circle reciters, jazz band, pop music band, the band of modern dance, circle photo cineclub, circle of correspondence courses in art history and literary circle.